Bungarra's mountain bike trails are now closed for the winter season.
At Bungarra, we have approximately 20km of mountain bike trails professionally built by Rolling Ground Jindabyne that cater to all levels, as well as four skills areas that will help you progress to the next level.
Riding the ALI Mountain Bike trails at Bungarra
Who Can Ride?
- Jindabyne Mountain Bike Club members (please see conditions below)
- Members of the General public, after purchasing a trail pass (see below)
- Guests of Bungarra Alpine Centre and Mountain High Cottages ride for free
- ALI & BAC staff ride for free
When can I ride?
- Weekdays – Trails are open from 4 - 8pm each afternoon
- Weekends – Trails are open 8am -8pm Saturday and Sunday
- School holidays - the trails are open 8am -8pm each day
- Trails should not be ridden after dark
- Trails are closed on occasional weekends when an event is being held at Bungarra.
- The trails are closed for winter each year from the 1st of July until early October.
How do I get a Trail Pass?
- Trail Pass is $8 for 3 consecutive days of riding, by buying a trail pass you are accepting the terms and conditions of use (laid out on sign at trailhead)
- You can purchase a Trail Pass by filling out the Trail Pass slip found in the tube to your right. Please carry your Pass with you whilst you are riding.
- Please place your payment in an envelope from the tube and put in the silver Honesty Box to the left of the tube.
Jindabyne Mountain Bike Club Members
- If you are a financial member of the club you can access the trails at no charge.
- Please fill out the Log Book found in the tube to your left each time you ride.
- For information on the club please go to www.jindabynectmc.com.au
- Jindabyne MTB Club has an arrangement to support ALI with trail maintenance
- ALI program needs will take precedence for use of tracks over casual riding
- Parking for all casual riding is at the ALI hire shed only
- Check ALI website for special events OR other trail closures
- Please leave your dogs at home
- Any trail riding outside the above guidelines is by negotiation with the ALI General Manager
Rolling Ground Jindabyne run two mountain bike events at Bungarra. The Snowy Triple Trail in October utilises Bungarra as one of three trails that are used for three races over two days. The Wicked Wombat, staged annually on New Years Eve, is an 8hr enduro set on the beautiful Bungarra property- a great way to bring in the New Year. For more information on these events, see www.rollingground.com.au.
The Dirt Maidens Challenge
The Dirt Maidens Challenge is an event just for women, where they can socialise, challenge themselves by competing in a safe and fun environment, and meet new friends.
The format this year is designed to suit all types of riders- whether they be social, cross country or gravity girls, and all levels of riders, from beginners to advanced.
The trailhead and parking is at the ALI shed.
- Trails signposted: Yes
- Toilets: Yes
- Water: Yes
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Carparking: Yes
- Accommodation: Yes. Please contact BAC on (02) 6457 2788
- Skills areas including pump track, skills course, pocket park and jumps line
Bungarra has trails and skills areas to suit all levels. Trails are marked green (easy), blue (intermediate) and black (advanced) to guide riders as they set out on a ride. From easy, flat trails that suit families and beginners, to technical switchbacks and rock gardens, there is ample opportunity to progress from whatever level you may be at.
With over 20km of single track to explore and 4 different skills areas on site, there is enough to challenge all levels of riders for an hour or a full day.
What people are saying about Bungarra
"I had a fantastic weekend and the more I think about it, the more perfect Bungarra seems as an option for a location for our Canberra High mtn biking club camp"
- Richard Erlandson, Canberra High School
"Fun, fun, fun. From sun up til sun down all I did was eat, talk and ride. Still am hyperventilating! Thanks to all at Bungarra. Will highly recommend you to all of my club"
- Mark Hillyer, Southern Highlands Cycle Club
"Sensational. Great set-up, great people, great tracks!" - Andy Johnson, Tathra MTB Club
"ALL mountain bike clubs would love it here" - Meg Patey, James Williamson Enduro Fund
"The Snowy Mountains is full of hidden gems of mountain bike trails and Bungarra is one that I recently discovered. Just outside Jindabyne the trails twist around, through and over granite boulders typical of the high country and there is something to challenge all levels of rider. Bungarra is also home of the Wicked Wombat Enduro that takes place on New Years Eve... what better way to finish a great year?!"
- Andy Blair, Swell Specialized Mountain Bike Team